Current Special The Science of Light, Revealing the Secrets of Cultural Properties Special Exhibition Gallery National Museum of Korea / Aug.25.2020 ~ Feb.14.2021
Current Special Clap in Awe, Album of Genre Paintings by Kim Hong-do Calligraphy and Painting Ⅱ Gallery / May.06.2020 - May.30.2021
Reliquary from the East Pagoda at Gameunsa Temple Site Unified Silla Period
| H. 30.2cm | Treasure No. 1359
Pensive Bodhisattva Three Kingdoms Period
┃ National Treasure No. 83
Celadon Gourd-shaped Ewer and Stand with Inlaid Grass and Flower Design Treasure 1930 | Goryeo | H. 29.8cm, (mouth)
CurrentAfter Every Winter Comes Spring
- Date 2020-11-24 ~ 2021-01-31
- Location Special Exhibition Gallery
Life’s Joys and Sorrows Joy and sorrow go hand in hand, always, being within our reach. There comes severe cold, followed by warmth, sadness giving way to delight. Sometimes we are overc...
CurrentThe Science of Light, Revealing the Secrets of Cultural Properties
- Date 2020-08-25 ~ 2021-02-14
- Location Special Exhibition Gallery National Museum of Korea
Light is not only an indispensable energy source required for human life, but also essential for appreciating and studying cultural properties. People in the past were only aware of vis...
CurrentPraying for Immortality: Food Offerings for Ancestors
- Date 2020-10-19 ~ 2021-02-28
- Location Thematic Exhibition Gallery
Starting October 19, the National Museum of Korea is hosting the special exhibition Praying for Immortality: Food Offerings for Ancestors. It presents results from the 2016 and 2017 re-ex...
CurrentThe story of History through Hangeul
- Date 2020-10-07 ~ 2021-03-31
- Location Joseon Dynasty Gallery II of Gallery on the First Floor
From October 17, 2020 through March 31, 2021, the National Museum of Korea is holding the special exhibition The Story of History through Hangeul to commemorate the 574th anniversary of t...
CurrentClap in Awe, Album of Genre Paintings by Kim Hong-do
- Date 2020-05-06 ~ 2021-05-30
- Location Calligraphy and Painting Ⅱ Gallery
Clap in Awe Album of Genre Paintings by Kim Hong-do is the definitive masterpiece of Kim Hong-do (1745–after 1806, sobriquet: Danwon). The paintings “Wrestling,” “A Dancing Boy,” and “A...
CurrentOpening of World Art Gallery
- Date 2019-12-16 ~ 2021-11-07
- Location World Art Gallery, Permanent Exhibition Hall 3F
Opening of World Art Gallery in National Museum of Korea The National Museum of Korea has reorganized its existing Asian Arts Gallery into the “World Art Gallery” to present a variety...
- Opening times
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday : 10:00 am ~ 6:00 pm
- Wednesday & Saturday : 10:00 am ~ 9:00 pm
- Sunday & Holidays : 10:00 am ~ 6:00 pm
- Temporary Closed Monday of the Permanent Exhibition Hall : April 6th.
- Closed days January 1st, Seollal (Jan. 25, 2020), Chuseok (Oct. 1, 2020)
News and Press Releases
News and Press Releases
- Homepage Temporarily Unavailable(2020.11.17. 18:30~19:00) Thank you for visiting our web site. This homepage is temporarily unavailable during the time specified below. The web site downtime is subject to c... 2020.11.13
- The Calligraphy and Painting Gallery Ⅱ will be temporaril... We are sorry to inform you that the Calligraphy and Painting Gallery Ⅱ, located in the 2nd level of the NMK, will be closed on October 5 and 12 due... 2020.09.29