Permanent Program for Foreigners
1. Permanent Program(No Reservation)
|English||Information Desk at The Great Hall of the Permanent Exhibition Hall||10 am: March 1||10, 11 am
1, 2 pm
|11 am: March 5, 9, 12, 17, 19, 26, 31|
|1 pm: March 1|
|2 pm: March 6, 22|
|Japanese||March 1, 5, 11, 22, 28||10 am
|French||-||No Guided Tour||No Guided Tour|
2. Curator's Talk (In Korean)
- Wednesdays (Late-Night Opening Hours) 6:00 pm ~ 6:30 pm & 7:00 pm ~ 7:30 pm
Reservation Programs for Foreigners
1. Museum Masterpiece Guide
- Showcases masterpiece relics that have been collected by the National Museum of Korea such as Pensive Bodhisattva and Ten-Story Pagoda from Gyeongcheonsa Temple.
- Groups of adults, university and tour groups must call to make a reservation at least one day before their desired visitation date. (English/ +82-2-2077-9683, Japanese/ +82-2-2077-9676, Chinese/ +82-2-2077-9686)
- Making a Reservation via E-Mail : Reservations
2. Smart Curator(It will be available in 2019)
- A new concept storytelling exhibition guide, which uses tablet PCs, is being offered.
- Object : 10 Foreign Customers
- Reservation is required to participate in this program. Please call +82-2-2077-9683 for reservation.
日 本 語 ｜ 朝鮮の国王 ｜
中 國 語 ｜ 韩国世界文化遗产 ｜
Mobile App Service
- The National Museum of Korea expands the App Service, "Automatic Museum Guide at the National Museums", which plays automatic exhibit guide with narration and images through smart phones.
- By using beacon, which is a short distance communication technology, it automatically detects where the user is located. The app then plays the automated guide with images of the exhibits around them, and provides live streaming service.
- You can easily download the free application with your smart phones. Go to the App store(iPhone) or Google play(Android phone) and type the "National Museum of Korea".
(After installing the app, please download the contents when connected to WiFi)
- Wheelchairs and strollers are available free of charge in the Great Hall.
※ Baby carriages are only rented for children who weigh less than 15kg.
- The museum has a free coat check to the west of the Main Entrance.
- Coin storage lockers are available at two locations: in the Special Exhibition Gallery and in front of the Children’s Museum. A refundable 100 won coin is required.
- A nursing room is located in the Great Hall, on the first floor, across from the museum shop.
- There are three museum shops, as well as an online store. [online store (in Korean)]
- Smoking is prohibited on museum property, except in designated smoking areas.
- Food, beverages, and pets are prohibited. Certified Service Animals are permitted to assist visitors with disabilities.
- Cell phones must be turned off or switched to silent mode before you enter the exhibition galleries.
- Please be quiet and do not run in the exhibition halls.
- Do not touch artifacts or behave in any way that might damage the items on display.
- Photography without a flash is permitted in the museum, but photographs may only be used for private purposes. Tripods are not permitted in any part of the museum.
- Photography or videotaping for commercial purposes requires advanced written permission from the museum.
- Bicycles, skateboards, inline skates, rollerblades, roller skates, and shoes with wheels are prohibited on museum property.